FOR OBTAINING ARMS LICENCE:-
- Normally arm licences are given only for crop protection and for self protection.
- If you want to have licence for crop/ self protection:-
- Every application for the grant of a licence under these rules –
- i) shall be submitted in Form A-1 to A -14 as applicable to the category of the licence applied.
- ii) may be presented by the applicant in person or sent through the medium of post office or filed electronically or otherwise, to the licensing authority, as far as possible, having jurisdiction in respect of the place where he ordinarily resides or has his occupation.
- Where the grant of licence requires a certificate of no objection from some other authority as provided in rule 98, shall state whether such certificate has been obtained and, if so, be supported by evidence thereof either in physical form or by an electronically generated confirmation on NDAL system for the particular UIN of the applicant.
- Every application for grant of licence for special category under Chapter III of these rules, shall be subject to such additional requirements specified for these categories in that chapter.
- Every application in Form A-1 submitted by an individual for grant of a licence in Form II, Form III orForm IV shall be accompanied by the following documents, namely:–
- four passport size copies of the latest photograph of the applicant (in white background);
- proof of date of birth;
- identification proof :-
- a) Aadhar Card; or
- b) in case the applicant does not have Aadhar Card, a written declaration in the form of an Affidavit to be submitted in this regard along with an alternative identification proof which may include Passport or Voter’s Identification Card or Permanent Account Number (PAN) card or Identity Card issued to the employees;
- c) in case of exemptee sports persons, shooters identification card issued by the National Rifle Association of India.
- residence proof in case the applicant does not possess Aadhar Card or Passport, which may include –
- a) voter’s identification card; or
- b) electricity bill; or
- c) landline telephone bill; or
- d) rent deed or lease deed or property documents;or
- e) any other document to the satisfaction of the licensing authority.
- safe use and storage of firearms undertaking referred to in sub-rule (4) of rule 10;
- for professional category applicant, referred to under clause (a) of sub-rule (3) of rule 12, self-attestedcopies of the educational and professional qualification certificates, wherever applicable;
- medical certificate about mental health and physical fitness of the applicant with specific mention that the applicant is not dependent on intoxicating or narcotic substances (in Form S-3);
- in case of an application for a licence in Form IV, the particulars specified in sub-rule (2) of rule 35 alongwith a permit from the authority empowered under the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972);
- Every application in Form A-2 submitted by a company for the grant of a licence in Form II or Form III,shall be accompanied by the following documents, namely:–
- written undertaking on the letter head of the applicant duly signed by the responsible person defined under clause (44) of rule 2;
- original copy of the board resolution passed or an authority letter confirming the appointment of
- responsible person referred to in clause (a);
- certified copies of the founding documents of the company including Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- safe use and storage of firearms undertaking referred to in sub-rule (4) of rule 10.
- An application by a member of the armed forces of the Union shall be made through his CommandingOfficer to the licensing authority having jurisdiction in respect of the place to which he is for the time beingposted.
- The licensing authority may, in accordance with any instructions issued by the State Government in respect of all or any class of firearms, require the personal attendance of the applicant before granting the licence under this rule.
- The applicant shall not suppress any factual information or furnish any false or wrong information in the application form.
Collectorate of South Goa District
Collectorate of South Goa District,
Matanhy Saldanha Administrative Complex,
Near KTC Bus Stand,
Margao, South Goa District, Goa, India – 403601
Location : Collectorate of South Goa District, Matanhy Saldanha Administrative Complex | City : Margao | PIN Code : 403601
Phone : 0832-2794100