Transport weapon from Goa to any other part of India
TO TRANSPORT WEAPON FROM GOA TO ANY OTHER PART OF INDIA:-
- Save as herein otherwise provided, no person shall transport over India or any part thereof any arms or ammunition or any arms specified in category V of Schedule I, except under, and in accordance with the conditions of, a licence in Form XII granted under these rules.
- Nothing in sub-rule (1) or in section 12 of the Act shall be deemed to apply to arms or ammunition :-
- transported personally or as personal luggage, in reasonable quantities for his own use, by a person lawfully entitled to possess or carry such arms or ammunition;
- transported by a person licensed to manufacture such articles, for proof-testing, in a case or package legibly addressed to a Government establishment or an establishment licensed under these rules, or re-transported by such establishment to such person;
- of category V arms specified in Schedule I, transported through an area where the Central Government has, by notification in the Official Gazette, applied section 4, or from such area to an area where section 4 does not apply, provided that the arms are properly packed and labeled, showing clearly the description of these articles and the name and address of the consignee;
- transported by a licensed manufacturer or dealer for export or after import, in accordance with a licence for their export or import, –
- (i). from the place of despatch to the port or other place of export, or
- (ii). from the port or other place of import to the place of destination, or
- (iii). by trans-shipment in the port of import for re-export;
- transported –
- by a person lawfully entitled to possess such articles, in reasonable quantities for his own usefrom the premises of a licensed manufacturer or dealer, or for purposes of examination or repairor test to or from any such premises, or to the address of any other person lawfully entitled topossess such articles; or
- by a licensed manufacturer or a dealer, in a case or package legibly addressed to a personlawfully entitled to possess such articles, in compliance with an order given by such person forthe supply of such articles, in reasonable quantities, for his own use or after carrying outnecessary repairs thereto;
- by a dealer to another dealer under trade transfer, within the same State against a sale invoice;
- being chlorates, transported for bona fide industrial, agricultural or medicinal purposes:
- Provided that-
- transport of arms or ammunition under clause (d),sub-clauses (i) and (ii) of clause (e) or clause (f), shall be subject to obtaining a certificate of no objection from the licensing authority at the destination of the articles as provided for in rule 98;
- transport of arms or ammunition personally for any of the purposes stated in sub-clause (i) of clause (e) without using them through any area outside the area of validity of his possession licence, shall be subject to his obtaining a licence in Form XII from the licensing authority at the starting place of transport; and
- prior intimation of the transport of arms specified in category V of Schedule I under clause (c) or ofchlorates under clause (f) shall be given to the officer-in-charge of the nearest police station or amagistrate having jurisdiction over the place of despatch.
- The officer or magistrate receiving prior intimation under clause (iii) of the proviso to sub-rule (2) shallimmediately inform the district magistrate, and if the articles are transported by rail, the Superintendent of railway police having jurisdiction,-
- 1over the place of destination, in the case of transport of chlorates, and
- 1over the place of entry into the area where section 4 applies, in the case of transport of arms specified in category V of Schedule I.
- Explanation:-For the purposes of these rules, ‘transport’ includes movement of arms or ammunition across any part of the country, but does not include movement of arms or ammunition by a licensed manufacturer or dealer from a warehouse, go down or any other similar place to his factory, shop or other place of business within the same village, town or city.
- Previous consent in certain cases.-
- A licence having effect beyond the local limits of the authority of the
- officer granting it shall not be granted for the transport or export or re-import of any arms or ammunition to aplace, without ascertaining that there is no objection to the grant of such licence on the part of the districtmagistrate having jurisdiction over the area in which such place is situated.
- For the purposes of sub-rule (1), either –
- i) a certificate of “no objection” may be obtained by the applicant for the licence; or
- ii) an enquiry may be made by the authority to whom application for grant of such licence is made.
- Carriage of arms and ammunition by air.-
- (i). No licensee holding a valid licence under these rules or ajourney licence in Form XI or import and export licence in Form X or holding a transport licence in Form XII,may carry or cause or permit to be carried, arms and ammunition endorsed on his licence by air, except withthe prior permission of the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in accordance with the Aircraft Rules,1937 framed under the Aircraft Act, 1934 (22 of 1934).
- (ii). The arms and ammunition granted permission under sub-rule (1) shall be so packed, protected and securedas to avoid any possibility of their being a source of danger and the packages shall be clearly andconspicuously marked on the outside.
Collectorate of South Goa District
Collectorate of South Goa District,
Matanhy Saldanha Administrative Complex,
Near KTC Bus Stand,
Margao, South Goa District, Goa, India – 403601
Location : Collectorate of South Goa District, Matanhy Saldanha Administrative Complex | City : Margao | PIN Code : 403601
Phone : 0832-2794100